Norm completed the deck today! Finishing the roof for the BBQ pit was done today as well as lots of trim work. There’s just a few last things for me to do now. I will be looking for some nice clips to tidy up the wire for the Noma lights in the BBQ pit. I’ll also go around and do some light sanding where required. The deck looks awesome!! We’ll be paying for this deck for a while but being able to enjoy it everyday will help nurse the impact. Norm had to battle through some pretty hot and humid days. Having to slug through that is something you can’t put a price tag on. I’d like to thank Norm for building us this wonderful looking and well built deck. I’ll seal it next year and keep on it do it’ll last many years to come! I didn’t get any shots today but took one of the BBQ area with the lights.
The deck is 20′ x 42’……and used over 3000 screws!
Lattice went up yesterday to skirt the deck. Looks great and a nice way to finish things off. Also, the hand rail on the main steps were installed.
After completing the roof of the BBQ pit, we realized that it wasn’t covering much of the area in front of the BBQ. A short addition was added. The support post by the dining area doors was capped with cedar strips to help it match and just make things look better. Over the weekend, Deniz and I secured the dining gazebo and put the canopy on. Here’s some updated pics.
Got a mean storm tonight. Mostly lots of dark clouds with neat patterns. Interesting movements.
We finally got some rain. The deck smells incredible and that golden shiny colour looks awesome.
On another hot steamy day, Norm stuck it out to get good progress on the BBQ pit. Looks amazing!!
TGIF, and the deck is really coming along nicely. I decided to try and capture what the lights look like at night for, Norm. Here’s a few I took tonight.
Cooler temperatures over the past couple of days has made it a bit easier for Norm and some nice progress. Almost all the decking is done. The steps are almost complete. Unfortunately, one of the posts was damaged so one action of fence rail could not be put up. It’s a shame that it appears the pickers at the suppliers (in my case Rona) don’t really look at the quality. Earlier this week we sent back some lumber that was so damaged there’s no way it could be used. The deck is coming along real nicely. Here’s the latest pics.
On one of the hottest/humid days, Norm withstood the heat and laid down deck boards covering about a quarter of the deck. It was neat to walk on the first section!
On one of the hotter and humid days, Norm got a couple more posts up, part of the front stairs and structure for the BBQ bar done. Also, the first deck boards along the outer edge were installed. There was a modification done from our original design. Instead of leaving just one fence section on either side with stairs in between, Deniz and I decided to go with two sections each side and stairs in between. We just felt that once we could visualize things that the original was just too much stairs.